Since Christmas I’ve had the Star Wars Legion core set from Fantasy Flight sitting on a shelf collecting dust, mostly because I already had other projects underway, including painting Blood & Plunder miniatures and terrain pieces. But, for Valentine's Day, my wife brought surprised me with three expansion boxes she found at a local gaming store. She also commented that several people the store was going to play Star Wars Legion the next evening. We went to get a taste of the game, and while I was already interested, my wife was excited about playing as well. So, the next day I started painting the rebel faction from the core set for her to play!
The first unit of rebels were painted with green camo, Sorastro style” and I painted the second unit with a red-brown leather color scheme.
I applied base colors, followed with a wash, and finished with highlights. I mixed the highlight colors into the base colors, progressively lightening the color. Unless otherwise noted, the paints listed below are Vallejo Model Color.
Forest Themed Troopers
|Skin #1||Beige Red||Shaded with AP Flesh Tone. Light Flesh gradually mixed into the base tone for highlights|
|Skin #2||USA Olive Drab||Shaded with AP Flesh Tone. Tan Earth gradually mixed into the base tone for highlights|
|Undershirt & Helmet||Deck Tan||Shaded with diluted AP Soft Tone. Ivory used for highlights|
|Helmet Side||German Uniform||Shaded with AP Soft Tone. Small amount of Ivory mixed with base tone for a soft highlight|
|Shaded with AP Dark Tone. Gunmetal mixed into the base tone and roughly applied for highlights|
|Shaded with AP Strong Tone. Flat Earth & Tan Earth mixed with the base tone for highlights and patches for a worn look|
|Clothes||Ger. C. Beige WWII||Shaded with AP Soft Tone. Deck Tan & Ivory mixed with the base tone for highlights.|
|Shaded with AP Soft Tone. Khaki & Buff mixed with the base tone for highlights|
|Boots||USA Olive Drab
|Shaded with AP Dark Tone.|
|Gloves||Yellow Ochre||Shaded with AP Soft Tone. Highlighted with Desert Sand|
The camouflage pattern was done with watered down AP Hydra Turquois mixed with Ger. Cam. Dark Green, USA Olive Drab and Khaki. Edges were highlighted with Deck Tan.
I applied Vallejo Earth Texture to the bases, coated it with Beige Brown, and dry brushed Iraqi Sand for highlights. I added individual details (e.g., small rocks) with Stone Gray.
That is it for now. Until next time, adventure on!